Simplest way to convert your TV to a smart TV its the cheapest solution one can get!
I have been hearing some great things about the Android TV Box so I decided to buy one and give it a go.
I picked up the MXQ Pro 4K Android TV Box for only 2900 Pak Rupees from a local retail shop and trust me I would say its not at all a bad deal…
Not only it works as chrome cast, Apple AirPlay is also possible on this device with the help of an app easily downloadable from Google Play Store called AirPin which is a great feature to use along with Wifi Display.
MXQ Pro 4K Android TV Box Specs
- MXQ Pro 4K Android TV Box Amlogic S905 Specs
- Chipset: Amlogic S905 Quad Core Cortex-A53 at 2.0GHz
- GPU: Penta-Core Mali-450 at 600MHz+
- FLASH: 8GBNAND FLASH
- SDRAM: 1GBDDR3
What’s In the Box
- MXQ Pro 4K Android TV Box
- HDMI Cable (though small but it works)
- Remote Control
- Power Adapter 5V
Main Device Features
- OS: Android Marshmallow 6.0 (with updates available)
- Power of Quad-core 64-bit ARM Cortex-A53 and Penta-core ARM Mali-450 GPU
- 3D: Hardward 3D graphics acceleration
- HDMI: HDMI 1.4b with CEC
- AV: Support
- Bluetooth: Not supported
- LAN: Ethernet:10/100M, standard RJ-45
- Wireless: Built in WiFi
- Support Decoder format: HD MPEG1/2/4,H.265,4K-HD, HD AVC/VC- 1,RM/RMVB,Xvid/DivX3/4/5/6 ,RealVideo8/9/10
- Support Media format: Avi/Rm/Rmvb/Ts/Vob/Mkv/Mov/ISO/wmv/asf/flv/dat/mpg/mpeg
- Support Music format: MP3/WMA/AAC/WAV/OGG/AC3/DDP/TrueHD/DTS/DTS/HD/FLAC/APE
- Support Photo format: HD JPEG/BMP/GIF/PNG/TIFF
- USB host: 4 High speed USB 2.0,support U DISK and USB HDD
- Card reader: SD/SDHC/MMC cards
- HDD file system: FAT16/FAT32/NTFS
- Support Subtitle: SRT/SMI/SUB/SSA/IDX+USB
- High Definition video output: SD/HD max.1920×1080 pixel
- Mouse/ Keyboard: Support mouse and keyboard via USB;Support 2.4GHz wireless mouse and keyboard via 2.4GHz USB dongle
- SPDIF/IEC958: Coaxial: NO
- Power Supply: DC 5V/2A
- Power Indicator (LED): Power ON :blue; Standby :Red
- Network Function: Skype chatting, Picasa, Youtube, Flicker, Facebook, Online movies,etc
- Ability to play 4K videos very well without any buffering
- Perfect device for those of us who use Kodi for main application
The MXQ Pro 4K Android TV Box was very easy to setup and Kodi came pre-installed on the system but it was also plagued with addons already installed that I didn’t want. So, I uninstalled Kodi and reinstalled with a fresh Jarvis version.
I installed my favorite addon that streams a quality live news feed and kept that live stream playing for over 15 hours with not interruption whatsoever. During this long run, the unit did not overheat or crash which many Android TV Boxes are known for. I was pleasantly surprised by how well it ran Kodi.
I think that Android TV boxes are a good option for those who mainly use Kodi on them so my testing was pretty much putting this little unit through the paces within Kodi.